Monday, August 06, 2007

Hot, Hot, Hot!

I really do not like summer. I know that makes me un-American. Everybody likes summer: Cook-outs, pool, beach vacation, and the likes. That is only a small portion of the summer months. Most of us have to work most of the time. That means staying in town, far away from open water or high mountain peaks - no fresh breeze to bask in while we eat a wonderful picnic lunch. Only sweltering days with high ozone counts. Most of my summer days are spent trying to get to the office without showing up drenched in sweat. And forget my hair! - it has its own mind once the humidity gets over 60%. I only regret cutting my hair short in the summer because I can't put it up in a ponytail and hide the horrible effects of humidity. I walk around with this crazy half curly half out of control mess on top of my head - forget style, combing, any semblance of control; my hair always looks like I just crawled out of bed, no matter what I do to it, in this kind of weather. In my perfect world the temperature would never get over 75. I prefer 68. I hate summer in the South!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that fall is upon us, I can say summer ain't good.